April fool's South Surf (Part 2)

April 2011
Location:
Malabsay Falls and CWC in Camarines Sur

Ok so I had an entry about my
surf in Daet (it's all written here, April fool's South Surf Part 1). It was a day trip surf. After getting high and stoked from surfing, time to travel back to Naga.

Malabsay Falls
The next day was all about Naga, Camarines Norte. In the morning we went to Mt. Isarog National Park.


Mount Isarog National Park was declared as a national park since 1938, and harbors rainforest, endemic wildlife, waterfalls and is home to nomadic Negrito (Agta) tribes people.
Mt. Isarog, an inactive volcano, rises in the heart of the province of Camarines Sur, the central part of the Bicol Peninsula about 450 kilometers south of Manila. It is the highest forested peak in Southern Luzon. (Visit Profiles to know more about Mt. Isarog)

We didn't go to the peak of Mt. Isarog. We went to Malabsay Falls,
a 40 foot high wonder located on the slope of Mt. Isarog. It took us 15 to 20 minutes trek to the falls. Very very nice! Upon reaching the falls, took off clothes and enjoyed swimming in the cold cold water. It was sparkling clear water. I even tried drinking. Just refreshing after the swim.



Bigg's Diner
For lunch, we went to Bigg's Diner, located at the Centro in Naga. Just a side story about Bigg's... Since the day we arrived in Jed's place, Ken and Eric always mentioned that we eat at Bigg's. They've been telling us how delicious the fried chicken there. Finally we set foot at Bigg's Diner! It's a fast food chain whose interior is very hip and modern just like in Johnny Rockets. I ordered one-piece crispy chicken. And yesss! Sobrang sarap nga ng chicken nila!
I've also tried their Extreme Burger! Sobrang sarap din. Must try when you go to Naga. Unfortunately they only have outlets in Bicol. I hope to have money and bring Bigg's here in Manila!

Wake board @ CWC- (Camsur Water Complex)
It's my first time to try wake boarding. I've watched it in Sports Unlimited I think last year and it looked pretty easy! Wake boarding costs 165pesos per hour and that includes helmet, vest and board. There's a deposit payment of 500pesos just in case you damage their equipment. Ok ready. Waited for out turn. I can't explain how to do wake boarding. Honestly after how many times of trying I still didn't get the hang of it! The feeling was weird, the take off once the cable starts moving. I surely need another session!

That ends my Naga-Daet trip! I had a really good time. Just being away from the pollution in Manila and the busy life was so refreshing.

I'll be surfing again on May, that's for sure! Haler Baler it is.


Back Track:
April fool's South Surf Part 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS