Three

I can't believe it's been three years since Papa passed away. He died peacefully of tongue cancer, June 6, 2008. I was on his bedside in Medical City holding his hands minutes just before he died. It was a serene moment. I didn't even cry. He looked like he was just sleeping.

I'm a papa's girl you know! I will never forget all the good memories we had together. I love you so much! I never failed to tell him how much I love him. And yess even until the time that he can't speak clearly anymore and pen and paper were our means of communication, he consistently showed momi and I how much he cares and loves us.

Thank you papa for the wonderful years spent well with us!

Oh and I'd also like to share how close to my heart the song "The Prayer" is. I made an AVP presentation for his wake and I used this song as background for the notes he wrote for us. I mentioned earlier that we kept a journal where he can write what he wanted to say because during his last few months he couldn't speak clearly anymore.

Ok so there were a lot of times that I heard this song in places you won't usually expect it to be heard and I'd like to believe that Papa is present at those times that I heard the song. The very first instance was at Odyssey, Shangrila. I was surprised it suddenly played there because most of the time upbeat songs were played. Another instance was at the church while waiting for the mass to begin. My mom and I were arguing when suddenly the song played! Wow. Then mom said, Oh yan si papa! I kept quiet and didn't utter a word anymore. (Just a side story, The Prayer was never sung or played in Cainta church as part of the mass. I don't know why it was suddenly played. Again I'd like to believe Papa was present at that time.) Another instance, I was in Zambales with some MBS friends. We had an ocular visit in Magalawa Island. It was our last night and we were having a good time. I broke down. Pat and Jedd sang the song with voicing. Again I'd like to believe Papa was there! (Whatever happened in Magalawa, stays in Magalawa!) Another instance, this one really really confirms my belief! I was in Baler sleeping. Around 4 or 5am on a local Baler radio station, the song played! Wow! I was awakened by the song, goosebumbs all over and I started to cry. Thank you Papa for letting me feel you're always there to guide and protect me!

Thank you Jess for my guardian angel. I know now how real you are. Thank you for letting me feel that! My doubting stage is over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS