3rd leg Regatta

Location: BayWalk

We didn't have an entry for the womens heat this time because we were short of women paddler who train regularly. So we joined the mens and Pacers: isa and gene (photo by beck din)
mixed heats. I was not nervous as compared to the previous races. In fact there was no pressure at all since I got a text from Bry that 3rd leg will be a happy race.

Not until Beck our coach assigned Isa and I pacers for the mens team. Oh wow! Are you serious? Pacers? It was our first time to pace during a race! Level up kung level up ang N'avis.

Here's the logic behind why Beck chose to have girls as the pacers. Mens team supposedly consists 10 pairs of men paddlers. But because we were also short of men paddlers, some of the women
Getting tips from Beck, our coach
paddlers were part of the mens heat. Ladies were lined up in front so that the men paddlers follow our rate. Yes the rate won't be as fast as the men but the idea was to have stronger load.

Race time! My heart was pounding. First time pacers on a race. Think about that. Attention! Are you ready? Shouted the umpire and boom gun shot. Program: 30 starts, longs, pick up, last kick. Just like in training but a more intense this time. Whew! What is pagod at nakakamatay? 300m felt like forever!

Back to the loading area I felt my stomach ache. I wanted to vomit. Two heats later, mixed team were set to load already and I was part of it. Unfortunately we don't have reserve paddlers for the mixed team so I couldn't just back out and ask for a sub. There was less pressure this time because I wasn't the pacer anymore. I was placed third man.

Race time! The boat felt lighter. If I'm not mistaken we finished second on heat. Not bad! Nice work team!

My third load was for the mixed team once again. I loved this heat! Pinakamagaan sa lahat! Everyone gave their all and no one bugged down. We may not have won, but we finished strong and hindi kami kulelat. It was a close fight!

Another race just ended. There are a lot more to come. Tara UP train pa tayo. We can do this. LABAN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS