Decision

Yesterday my decision making skills and leadership skills were put to test. Skills that I'm doubtful I have. But yeah as I was processing the events yesterday, I guess I do have them. Everything happened so fast. My head ached after.

Agenda for the day
♣ check periodical exams of students
♣ deposit 50% down payment for bus
♣ arrange jeep transfer going to island
♣ buy snacks and other stuff for induction

But then all these changed because of bad weather condition. I was in UPIS and my phone kept ringing, got a lot of text messages. Weather was not cooperating according to texts/calls. I couldn't confirm myself because I don't have internet access. I was only relying on info from Jojie my ATL (assistant team leader) and other members. Apparently according to forecast, there's an incoming typhoon Katring that will enter the country Saturday, Oct. 23.

Series of decision to make
♣ deposit 50% down payment for bus

pro: we have a sure bus in the event that the dive will not be canceled.
con: it will take days before we can refund the amount and the feeling that you deposited a big amount and the fact that I only made negotiations thru phone. I haven't seen the person I'm negotiating with.

♣ give the apps' dinner budget

pro: they can buy hard to find ingredients in the grocery
con: money put to wast in the event that the dive won't push thru

♣ cancel the dive

pro: everyone safe
con: sayang everything well planned already; working people have already filed leave

I had to make calls consulting Jojie, Ate Grace (local from the island), other members. In the end we decided to cancel the dive. Started texting all the Dive Masters (DM) to relay my announcement. This is the only time I appreciated having DM's . Saves time and faster dissemination of info.

Although I really wanted the dive to push thru, I had to consider everyone's safety plus the fact that we're a big group, 60pax! I couldn't risk it. The weeks of preparation suddenly put on hold.

This is the first time since I became a member that an induction dive was canceled. Arggh tapos ako pa ung TL. Ok so there's a first for everything.

Induction Dive rescheduled on Nov.6-8 just before class starts. I do hope the weather cooperates and more applicants can join.

For now, I'll set aside my TL duties and look forward to this coming week. Surf's up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS