Commit

May 5-7
The Hidden Falls
Auroroa

Surf 5

I'm a weekend warrior, that means my surf trips always fall on a weekend. But since we're to explore the hidden falls in Aurora, I worked my way so I won't report on Monday. And yes my boss allowed me. My mom made a big fuss about going back on Monday. She said I should absent myself doing fruitful, important things. I argued and told her that surfing is fruitful and important to me! And that one day leave from work is the perfect and only reward I could give myself. I think she got my point.

All set

 I thought our surf explo won't push through due to series of events. I don't know if they were just tests or a sign that we shouldn't leave Sabang anymore. Timing nga naman, kaya lang wrong! The locals kept on saying. Sabang beach was flat and I don't want my Monday leave to be wasted. So instead of leaving early morning, we decided to wait for the comp in Bahia 1 to end, to accommodate the locals who want to join us.

Boards loaded

And the 5-hour road trip began. Whew! It was a rocky, zigzag road. Thank you Jess for the safe trip. We stayed at Mayor's resort. His wife was so nice and welcomed us. We set camp at a kubo fronting the beach. What a chill and relaxing place.

Morning surf the next day. We had to walk to the other side to reach the point. And the reefs were just too sharp for my feet to handle! But that didn't stop me from trying out the waves. I found myself hesitating every time the perfect wave comes. Ok so here's the thing. (1) It's reef break. (2) You end the ride at a shallow part and there the reefs smiling at you. There's the fear of getting cuts and hurting yourself; the fear that your board get destroyed. Managed to get a ride though.

The Point


The search for the Hidden Falls just after getting recharged from a short siesta. The sun was just scourging hot but still we left camp. Sa may burol daw may falls. It was a looooong walk, up and down the hill and then some rock climbing and no drinking water. More than an hour of searching still we didn't find the falls. We went back to the camp tired and dehydrated. We discovered the fastest way back, no rock climbing involved, just straight ahead.

Rock Climbing

May hidden falls daw sa Burol


Afternoon surf sesh was the best. I rode so many quality waves with Wendy. Yesss! And that's because of Nicco's small talk at the line up. COMMIT, he said. If the wave comes commit, paddle hard and ride. I hesitated so many times in the morning and let the good waves pass by. But that afternoon, no fear. I got some solid long rides. It was the best feeling ever. I don't know how to explain it, you just feel it. Stoked. Nuff said.

The price to pay

No fear. Commit.


The long and rocky road trip was worth it, even the bruised feet and big fat pasa on my leg. Surfed with the best people I've ever met. Ultimate bonding with the bonfire to light up the night. The fresh food shared. Just plain good vibes. It's the perfect relaxing and memorable experience I could ever have. My one day leave from work is nothing compared to all these things I've gained. Can't wait to be back again in the ocean. L.R.S.L.








Photo Collage



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS