Binondo


June 30, 2012
Binondo, Manila

After such a long time I get to see again my UP MMC orgmates. How? A food trip in Binondo! It was raining on my way to UP and honestly I was in the verge of backing out. I hate commuting when it's raining. But I was already in UP so, fight fight despite the rain.

It's my first time to go to Binondo. We took a train to Recto, then a tricycle to Binondo.

Our first stop, Wai Ying.  We ordered a lot, I don't know how they're called. I have photographs though. From Wai Ying, we had Fried Siopao across the street. And then a long walk around Binondo. Bought some Hopia at Salazar's Bakeshop and Eng Bee Tin. Funny we were at Chinatown but Gene Mark was looking for Korean ice cream. Luckily we found one. I ordered Almond Tea :) We were all longing to have a seat and rest our legs from walking. Cafe Mezzanine was the answer. What a relief to have eaten here. Cafe Mezzanine is a volunteer fireman's cafe. All the earnings here are donated to the firemen in the area.

We weren't able to try everything. Soooo I'll definitely go back.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

3 1K LOSS

Short Lived 2 of 2