PreSamar

Endless Samar Surf finally tomorrow August 28, 2012. We've booked this trip since March 15, 2012 and now it's really happening!

It's our first time to try out the surf in Samar. This is so exciting! Since it’s our first time, we don’t know anything about the area, and we don’t know anyone from there.  Well I have one friend from Tacloban. Her name is Cha Nicart, my dragonboat team mate. She told me she has friends from Borongan and offered to book a van for us.

I’ve done a lot of research. There are a lot of surf spots in Samar, I can’t recall anymore how I came across Borongan or was it Nikir who mentioned it to me. So anyway we’re going to this place. I came across an article from rappler.com entitled, EasternSamar: Surfing’s last frontier. Of course I got all hyped up reading! There was Carlos Aga’s contact details at the end of the article. He’s a representative from Borongan’s tourism office.

I texted him and inquired about lodging, transportation, surfing conditions. He replied and promised to email me the next day. Ok so I have all the contacts I need! I reserved 2 rooms at Pebbles and Tides. Cha took care of our van reservation at Duptours.

Carlos was kind. He entertained all my questions. Plus assured me that it's safe there by talking to my mom over the phone. My mom's NPA scare has gone. 

I was not that confident with our trip yet because for one, my mom’s so paranoid. I understand her feeling though cos I’m her one and only. Her concern was our safety. It just amazes me how Jess works. I mentioned that I don’t know anyone from Borongan except for Carlos, who I got to know thru rappler, but have never met him. And of course there’s Cha.

What a small world after all. Cha asked me who’s my contact from Borongan and apparently they are friends way back high school! Ok so now I’m relieved. I’m taking to the right person. He’s not bogus! Hahaha.

We’re all set for tomorrow’s trip. To make things better, Cha will be joining us too! Yeah Surf’s up!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS