Wounded Wendy

Oct 26-28, 2012
Surf 12: Wounded Wendy

It's a long weekend so I grabbed the chance to stay for 3 days in my favorite surf spot. Heavy rains poured as I left Manila. Signal #1 was declared but I still left anyway hoping it'll be sunny up North, besides, I didn't want to waste the long weekend.

Early morning I arrived and it was still raining. I didn't brave get in the water, brrrr it was cold. But hours later rain didn't stop and there's nothing to do so I decided to still surf. The water was not cold at all. Got some good rides too. The weather was gloomy the whole day. Good times still cos friends were around. And oh what a surprise..KUYA JESS was there! The night was good :) It was all pure fun and laughter. To end the night, food trip at rolling store to satisfy our hungry stomach.

The next day Mr. Sun was up shining oh so brightly!:) Morning surf yeah. Waves were good so I prepared Wendy. Shit happens though and it was not Wendy's day. After my last ride, someone's nose hit Wendy at the back! Boom a solid hole behind. Huhu! That was her major injury so far and I wouldn't want anything graver than that. Sorry Wendy!!! Won't happen again. Wendy had to rest so I grabbed Denden:) Yeahayy! Happy and stoked. Nuff said. The mishap didn't end there though. In the afternoon, Nicco borrowed my first ever Dakine leash. Sadly it snapped but good thing Nicco was safe! Thanks to Joki, his life saver!

Because of Wendy's major wound and all other minor bruises and scratches, I thought of replacing her. Just found out that Jess bought a 3.5K worth of Erick Arakawa board from Guard's friend. What a good buy! Will start saving for a brand new board. Was inspired though by a friend's advice, "Di naman pagandahan ng board yan, pagalingan maglaro." But I answered, "Pano kung di na maganda yung board, di pa magaling maglaro. San na ko niyan?" And was answered by, "Magaling ka naman ah, kaya mo na nga mag short board." Thank you!:))

Back Track 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS