Automated

Another file I saw.. I wrote this on May 5, 2011 on the First ever National Election experience I had.


It's my first time to vote! Woke up early, excited to vote. It's the first ever automated election! Talk about progress and advancement. This is it! No more manual counting. I remember watching on TV the tedious way of counting votes. They used manila papers and markers to manually count the votes. It took days to finish tallying the votes.

10am my mom and I headed to the Club House wearing green shirt to signify our support for GIBO. Long cues await us! We patiently lined up under the heat of the sun, sweating profusely.

After 3 hours finally we reach the voting station. I signed my name, thumb marked across it and got the ballot, folder and marker. I carefully shaded my chosen candidates, while looking at my codigo ballot from time to time. Done. Ready to cast my vote. I eagerly went near the Pcos machine. In less than 1minute the machine flashed the "Congratulations!" remark. Yey! I was the 369th voter. Had my finger marked by an indelible ink and left the precinct content and happy.


I felt I was a good Filipino citizen for practicing my right to vote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

3 1K LOSS

Short Lived 2 of 2