Pacer-- the real thing

Saturday training! We thought the boat will consist of 5 pairs. Then came two cabs. Aleth invited newbies. Yeahay so we were one full boat, 10 pairs! The newbies loaded first so they could occupy the last 5 pairs of seats. "Oh oldies, sakay," "Isa, Gene kayo magpacer" Yves commanded. Isa and I both surprised. Ha? Ok!

It's my second time to be a pacer. The first time, I paced for half the boat. This time, pacer only for full boat! (Lumelevel up na ang havatars). Side story: The team labeled Isa and I Havatars because of our long arms ang legs. This was during the peak of the movie Avatar. Ok, going back to the training, program was 2 sets of 3 mins rowing. What's weird when you're the pacer, you don't know if you're doing the right thing since there is no one in front of you whom you can imitate. You become conscious of your form and speed because the rest of the team follows you. It felt good to be seated in front. You're in command.

While pacing, my mind was pacing like crazy as well. Am I doing ok. Nakakasunod ba sila? Masyado ba kong mabilis? Sakto lang ba recovery ko? Tama ba form ko? Nakakahinga pa ba sila sa rate ko?

Pressure on me. But I liked it. Pushing my limits.

So this is the pacer. Next time I'll achieve the timon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

3 1K LOSS

Short Lived 2 of 2