This is the LIFE

Baler, Aurora October 27-30, '10

After 5 long months I'm back in Baler!

Fresh air. Cheap food. Big waves. Long rides. Good company. Friends. Simple lifestyle. These are all I ask for and what Baler offers. I was with Ayin, Kat, Simon, Lara, Yssa. We boarded the 3am Casiguran Bus trip. By 10am we arrived Baler. We stayed at Surfers' Inn, Kahea. My suki inn. For reservations, contact Ate Ybok or Kuya Edwin at 09208689477. We got their remaining vacant room and just pitched our tent.

Our daily routine: wake up 5.30am, heat our cup noodles, eat, apply sun block, then off to surf. By 11am rest, buy rice, cook canned goods, eat, siesta, 3pm off to surf until day light permits. Rinse, dinner at rolling store or at Gerry's, chill drink, sleep.

Weeeee! Everything's so simple. Time runs slowly unlike here in Manila where everyone is in a rush.

On our first day, I went with Yssa, Kat, Lara and Simon to Mother Falls. It's my third time to go there. I don't recommend going there late in the afternoon. Mas mahirap ung daan plus may tubig na ung areas na walang tubig pag umaga. The falls was still breathtaking and did not fail to amuse me!

There's a new surf shop in Sabang. Like their page in facebook: Charlie Does Surf Shop They have the same rates as Aliya and Mahdox. The boards however in Charlie Does are newer and the leashes used are in good condition, some even brand new. You get a discount in board rentals in Charlie Does if you are staying at Bahia de Baler, go to this link for room rates.

The only bad experience I had the whole time was, I lost my Montanarra slippers on our first day! The worst part was, I saw the man, a construction worker wearing my slippers. Damn! Another bad vibes was, Ayin lost her phone while we were sleeping in the tent. Aside from those everything went just fine. Ansarap chumill lang. Walang ibang iniisip.

On the 29th, Aliya Surf Shop and Hotel had their second Aliya Surf Competition for Baler Local surfers. I sponsored Gregie Dela Torre! He joined the open division Class A. He wasn't able to get in the finals by just one point. It's ok! There are more competitions to come. Still we celebrated that night. One round of redhorse made our day! On this same day, Sj, Trix, Reena arrived! Yeahay. Very happy to see them.

I was supposed to go home on the 31st but then my mom texted me I had to go home because there was a change of plan. Damn! I almost gave in to peer pressure not to go home. But then I fought the feeling. I have to be obedient or else I might not be allowed to go back to Baler anymore.

The four-day stay in Baler was fun and most amazing experience ever. I can not explain the happiness and fulfillment I get whenever I get to ride waves. You should try it yourself and feel the stoke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS