Baler Surf Jam

March 17-21, 2011
Location: Baler, Aurora
Surf 3

After exactly one week of stay in Manila, I travel back to my "home town". Five and a half hours of travel! Exactly 6am I was in Sabang already. I went straight to Charlie Does shop and spotted two tents. Good morning Reena and Karen!!! Yeahay.

Surprisingly the weather was extremely cold and windy. The waves were choppy and no steady direction at all. That morning Ate Olive, Emil, Karen and I went to Ate Yvok's place to have ourselves registered for the competition.

The whole day the weather condition didn't change so the competition was postponed. In the afternoon we forced ourselves to surf despite the cold weather. Brrrr what is tagos sa buto yung lamig! Managed to get a few rides even if the waves were not that nice.

The next day March 18, right after lunch Baler Surf Jam competition pushed through. Mens open division first with 6 heats. Morning of March 19, Mens quarter finals was continued followed by the semi finals. In the afternoon the beginners mens and womens division followed by the mens open finals.

It was my first ever surf competition. I joined beginners category together with Reena and Atche. How does it feel? No pressure at all. I just went in for the experience and to have fun. It was the most tiring 20minutes of surfing. Paddling out was a burden and catching the best wave was another. I was able to get two or three solid long rides. Hearing the Charlie Does crew scream whenever I get to ride was the best feeling ever!

That night was the awarding at Bahia Bar. Congratulations to the following CHAMPIONS!

Mens Open Wahine Beginners (men) Beginners (women)
Gregie Dela Torre Gladis Villareal NiƱo Dale Ulsa Sharon Teh









I'm so proud of the MBS girls! All three of us (Karen, Reena and I) took home First and second runner up trophy. Let's go MBS represent! Here are some photos during the event.



Jamming after the awarding. Guest band "Dreadknot Used" played. Amazing! Sobrang galing ng band nila fan na nila ako. I've only heard a few reggae band and so far they're one of the best. I love reggae so soothing and relaxing. Beach scenes! Waves! Wind! Sand! Beer! Surf! It's the perfect life. Here's a sneak peak of their performance that night..












Another all good surf trip has ended. The best part was surfing with Ayin, Karen, and Reena. An unplanned surf trip, we just saw each other there. Met new friends! See you all again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS