Soul Surfing

Feb 16-March 6, 2011
Location: Baler, Aurora
Surf 2

I needed time to think and reflect on what to do with my life. A place far far away from the busy, fast-paced, polluted Manila. Where else? In Baler, where air is fresh, life is simple, and waves are always pumping.

James' sturdy tent was my refuge for the first few days, the three of us--- Cloch, James and I. The supposed 3 days two nights Sons turned out to be a week-long escapade for them. Wahaha everything was just so spontaneous. Nakakatawa talaga mga pangyayari. Blasting sa bundok kaya walang biyahe ng bus! Napagakaisahan ng mga locals kaya na extend nang na extend. Laugh trip talaga gaguhan.

I didn't dare camp alone, so when they left I stayed with Cloch's Aunt in Recto street. She has a boarding house there for girls. I'm so happy to have met her. She was so kind and accommodating. She even cooks breakfast before I head to the beach.

I learned a lot from this trip. Realizations I wouldn't have discovered if I didn't immerse myself to the local culture. Amazing how simple life can be in Baler. Everyone happy and content. I'm at awe with how they get by each day. My stay there made me appreciate every little blessing that I have and are receiving. I'm so thankful for the new found friends and the long lasting friendship built. The whole experience will be my armor as I battle against challenges that will come my way.

Thank you for being part of this soul surf episode especially to all the Baler local surfers I met and became friends with.


*I'll make a separate entry for special events during my Soul Surf escapde!

Back track: Surf 1 (2011)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS