I'm lovin' it

I long waited for this day! UPDT (UP Dragon Boat Team) training. My last training was a week ago. I really want to train on weekdays but I might not be able to make it in time for my class.

It's my second time to try our new form. I'm getting used to it and I'm actually loving it! I felt the boat's intensity and strength while rowing. We had 4 sets of 300m race course. Program for the set: 30 starts, longs, pick up. I felt the boat's speed when we did the 30 starts. Longs was just too short. Longs is done to give the paddlers time to catch their breath. So from 30 power starts, we shift to longs, where we should have a higher recovery when rowing. Surprisingly after around 4 or 5 longs, the pick up command was called. When pick up is called, the idea is to maintain the same rate as the longs but the pull is stronger. Finally the easy command was called! "Easy" command signals everyone to stop rowing.

Wow! I never felt the 300m such a short distance until we executed the new form. Before when we were still doing our old form, the longs part would take about 20-30 strokes before the pick up command is called. But with the new form, it only took us maximum of 5 strokes before the pick up command was called! Amazing.

I think we have a good chance in the coming second leg which will be next Sunday July 25. Hopefully we get a place!

You might like to read previous entries about Dragon Boat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS