Renewed

This weekend I would say was a different take on the years I've been going to Baler. Before, it just used to be a surf weekend with friends; a solo travel to relieve stress from work or school; a tour because friends ask me to take them there.

This weekend was my time to have some peace and quiet; a time for me to reconnect with myself; a time for healing; a time to regain strength; a time to reflect and be aware of the blessings I've overlooked.

I had this high feeling of doing something right for myself. Apart from the stoke I get during and after surf, there's a renewed feeling I got the entire weekend. As if my troubles and worries were wiped out, not totally but at least the heavy load on my shoulders lightened.

As I paddled out to the lineup it felt good to be one with the ocean.  You have to be mindful of the current and where the point breaks because otherwise you'll get stuck where the set is. Waves will crash over you, you'd feel being tossed around like a washing machine. This is somewhat like the obstacles we go through. You got to work hard/paddle hard to get through it and finally reach the lineup/our goals in life.




I'm grateful for this weekend, for allowing me to be appreciative of the little things. I'm hopeful for better days, of course I will have to do my part to make the coming days better for me and the people around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS