To love is to be selfless


Been reading a lot of thought catalog articles and some quotes on facebook and instagram to uplift myself. I stumbled upon this comment by Wong Rachel on Facebook that I could relate to.

What if a person is unaware of their traumas and suppressed emotions to actively work on it, and only finds out during the relationship?
Are you going to love that person despite all their challenges and flaws?
Just thinking from a different perspective. It is not always about how a person should be and how a person should fit into our box at the moment.
A relationship should be hard work and maintenance. Because no one is perfect. This is just the tip of d iceberg.
The way to experiencing a better relationship with loved ones is to remember that it is not just about us.
If we truly loved a person, we'd work with them, Understand them, support, encourage, and be there for one another. It is a two-way experience.
Sometimes, to love, is to be selfless...
I am this exact person. I am unaware of these suppressed emotions and only finding out towards the last week of our relationship, when he became cold. And too late, now that I don't have a partner to support and encourage me.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Rush

Short Lived 2 of 2

3 1K LOSS